Monday 14 August 2017

Welcome Megan Prenty, RMT!

This week I will be bringing my skills as a Yoga Teacher and Massage Therapist to the Coach House team. I am passionate about continuing education and am currently pursuing an undergraduate degree in Health Sciences. I also sit on a Regional Mental Wellness committee, which is creating a local initiative and resources to support mental health in our community. When I am not at work you will typically find me hula hooping or enjoying adventures abroad (and if I am very lucky, doing both at the same time!)
Exploring the Snaefellsnes Peninsula, Iceland

My love of anatomy has lead me to commit the last ten years of study and work to both my massage and yoga practice. My journey in wellness began back in Vancouver, B.C. where I attended a 1000-hour training to become a bodyworker. After 7 years of providing wellness and relaxation treatments in spa and resort settings, I decided to recommit to my education. I attended the Canadian College of Massage and Hydrotherapy in Cambridge and graduated the 2200-hour Massage Therapy program in the fall of 2015. I have been a Registered Massage Therapist since January of 2016 and enjoy applying new techniques to clinical practice.
I became a Yoga Teacher in 2011 and am currently finishing my 500 hour teacher training. At present, I teach family yoga classes through a variety of local community centres as well as teaching regular hatha classes in New Hamburg.
Chitzen Itza, Mexico

I am passionate about health and wellness and use my background in anatomy to tailor treatments to the needs of my individual clients. My clinical background focuses on postural related pain, headaches, and stress management. My therapeutic specialties include deep tissue treatments and tailored home care regimens for clients.
     I am joining the team full time with availability in both the mornings and evenings. You can book with me Monday and Tuesday mornings, Wednesday and Friday afternoons/evenings, and every second Saturday. For more information on my availability or to book an appointment head to our website at The Coach House.


I am very excited to be joining the team and I look forward to seeing you in the clinic soon!
Megan Prenty, RMT & YT

megan@thecoachhousetc.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment