Happy, Healthy Gardening
vegetables, but we are also able to take advantage of fresh air, sunshine, and exercise. All of these, when done correctly, are great ways to maintain good health.
- Warm up- a quick walk and a few stretches can help guard against strained and sore muscles and prepare the back for flexion.
- Bend from the hips, not the lower back- while bending forward, try not to have your back curve upwards, instead push your hips backwards, maintaining a flat lower back while you bend. Like so
- Remember to bend with your knees- By bending with your knees you are taking most of the pressure away from the lower back.
- Use tool helpers- there are many ergonomic tools out there that help make the job easier. Also, a knee pad can save your knees from injury. Helper
- Have Fun- make sure not to rush. This is supposed to be a pleasant experience. A time to enjoy the outdoors. Take breaks, wear sunscreen and drink lots of water.
For those of you wanting to prepare your body for gardening, fix your body from gardening, or just help maintain your health, book an appointment at The Coach House.
Online booking with up to date availability
Monday 8 am- 1:00 pm
Wednesday 2 pm- 7:30 pm
Friday 2 pm - 7:30 pm
For more information email John at firstname.lastname@example.org