If you are planning on escaping, take a few minutes to read over some tips and tricks so you arrive to your destination healthy and happy.
Instead focus on snacks that will give you the energy boost without the sugar. Look for snacks that are high in protein and contain healthy fats. This will keep you satisfied longer.
Some great options would include;
- Trail Mix- build your own with your favourite seeds, dried fruits and nuts.
- Protein Bars or Balls- Look for bars with low sugar such as Lara bars or Vega Bars. Avoid just fruit bars as they will not give you the fats or proteins you need, just a sugar spike..and then crash. Protein balls are quick and easy to make as well. Check out chocolate protein balls and cookies and almond cups
- Granola Clusters- Homemade packed with seeds, sunflower (or nut) butter, spices and some dried fruit. I have made two varieties from Oh She Glows and they are both delicious snacks and additions to smoothies.
Making sure you wash your hands pre boarding, on the plane and when you get off is key when trying to eliminate exposure to germs. Some other methods to keep the bugs at bay would be to;
- Pack your carry on with some natural boosters like Vitamin C or a combination like St. Francis Deep Immune. This will help combat anything that might try to latch onto you. These can both be started before travel and after to help keep your immune system strong.
- When traveling to a country with foreign foods or if you are planning on eating foods out of your 'norm', bringing along good quality probiotics is a great idea. This will help protect your gut so the experience is more enjoyable. Probiotics can survive at room temperature for a few days but when you arrive you want to make sure you put them in the refrigerator.
- Finally, a golden rule when flying is when you get to your destination you want to shower, to scrub off any microbes, and strip off all your travel clothing to go right into the laundry for a wash.